Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Praha Expert blog is in the air

So, finally I found some time to launch my English blog.

But who am I?

Name, Easy enough, Laus Sorensen: I'll even let you in on my deepest secret, which is the age: 46...

I am a Danish guy who a couple of years ago decidedt would be nice to move to Prague - and actually did move here in January 2007.
Before that I was working with school management in a very large school in Aalborg in Denmark. I had the job for 10 years, and it became more and more stress ful to the point where I had to decide if it was all worth it.
I decided it wasn't!

I loved Prague, travelled here as often as I could and I had also started a small business providing Prague accommodation for Danish tourists via my Danish website, www.prag-eksperten.dk.
When I started this company it was never my intention to make it into a fulltime job. On the contrary, I only wanted to have a few clients and treat all of them individually while making a "travel fund" for my frequent Prague trips. But when I gradually sensed that I needed to get out of my management job, Prag Eksperten became my way out. If I was able to create some growth, I would also be able to change my life - quit my job and move to Prague, which I already knew very well and loved very much.
So I had to just take a chance and do it! It has been hard work, but I survive.

But now I find myself getting to know people from all over the world, not just Danes - and for that I have started a new website in English, using my experience from the Danish site. www.praha-expert.eu is the very imaginative name, more or less a translation of the old one. And I have found networking to be extremely important and alo interesting, so I'll see if I can find some time to share my thoughts and experiences here. Please feel free to comment and ask questions. I am sure I can use the inspiration, and I also believe that I am actually able to tell you things about Prague that you may not find elsewhere. Try me :-)

Welcome to my new blog! Please be friendly and curious, and maybe we'll get some interesting things started

No comments:

Post a Comment